Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

When fabric just begs for you to take it home... BIG BAG

Going to the fabric store can be dangerous, but thankfully I have a budget and stick to it. Lucky for me I found some cute fabric yesterday that just begged for me to take it home with me, AND it was in my budget. YAY! :o) I had the perfect project for it too. I think it was Tip Junkie that led me to Melody's Big Bag Tutorial. For those of you that know me, you know that I cannot leave projects unfinished, so last night I started this project and then finished it this morning while the kids watched some cartoons and played. It was fairly simple and I only changed a few things, using d-rings instead of key rings, adding a accent color on the outside fabric and I eliminated the key fob, simply because I never remember to use them anyway. It was fun to make and everytime I look at it, the fabric just makes me smile. Now I have a large bag I can take the the library with me... or the park with the kids... or anywhere I choose, AND it's cute. I still need to get the foam board to put at the bottom, but even without it the bag itself can stand on its own, and i like that!!
I'm thinking it's about time to make a new blog just for the crafty things I am working on... I'm sure I may neglect to blog about how wonderful and crazy and cute my children are :o)Back to reality,

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing I would buy that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Love your work, can't wait to see what else you come up with. Just today, i showed someone the purse you made me, and she asked if you sold them! Great work Ju Ju!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a pattern? I really want a bag like this. I can't find anything nearly so awesome in my price range. What kind of fabric do you use?

    ReplyDelete